Artist in Mixed Media Mosaic Collage and Jewelry

Sunday, June 30, 2013

WELCOME TO MY STUDIO . . .

I left for vacation the day this was suppose to be published.  Since I had no Wifi available to me I had my daughter  (from a totally different state/location) go in and Publish this at the time it was suppose to go out.  I just got home last night and this is not showing up as published on my Blog.   So, even though we went through it on the phone step by step, and it showed up published on her end, I am worried it did not go out properly.  SO . . . if you are getting this a second time, I apologize.  If you are only getting this for the first time, I apologize.  The Best laid plans of . . .




work by Charleen Martin
     

AND . . . THE STUDIOS OF 19 OTHER ARTISTS!  
v This is a one-of-a-kind opportunity to visit the studios of 2g0 Artists without having to get out of your easy chair. :)  No long drives involved, no money spent on gas,  and no embarrassing moments walking into a studio and not quite knowing what to say to the Artist about the work!  : /   You get to gush all you want (preferably!) or roll your eyes.  No one is going to tell on you.

The Tour was the brainchild of Artist Marla Laubisch.  She sent an invitation out to several Artists who sent the invitation out to several other Artists who . . . well . . . you get the idea! So whether you are another Artist who would like to see how and where other Artists create, and possibly pick up some new ideas for your Studio, or you are an Art Enthusiast who is just curious as to how and where the Art is created, then I'm sure you'll enjoy the Tour.

I'm going to start off by listing the other Studios so they don't get lost behind my photos.  This is an array of some wonderful Artists scattered all over the U.S. and even Canada so I know you'll have fun!  


Drive safe! :)


Welcome to my Studio.  My Studio is in my home . . . in what should be my livingroom.   Uh huh.  And yes, that is white carpeting you see.  My husband and I are at a point in our lives where it is just the two of us living at home.   We moved here from out of state 3 years ago and when we found this house, with it's 'formal, separate livingroom' . . . and it had all these windows and such great light, we both knew immediately that would become my Studio.   We really didn't have a need for a formal livingroom, and there was/is enough living space in the rest of the house to more than keep us happy and be able to entertain our friends and family.   I get around the white carpeting by painting my big, messy backgrounds outside (I have a nice covered area to do that).  The blank white wall you see was built by my husband for me.  It's moveable and allows me to separate the entry from my Studio.  It also gives me a blank wall to photograph my work on.


As the people who already know me are aware, I am primarily a Collage Artist but I also design and create Jewelry.  Below are several pictures of where I work on my Jewelry.  This space is just behind the White wall above.


I also wholesale and retail NoteCards with images of my work so what you see on the back of the white wall are several of the racks with overstock ready to go.

  

This may interest those of you who also create jewelry or have a need for storage for small items.  I love these 'nuts and bolts totes'  that I got from Home Depot.  As you can see, they are wonderful for storing and separating small items.


My actual work space for my Collages and small paintings is this wonderful large old Oak Table that I found in an Antique Mall for a very good price.  :)  (Don't cringe - the top is covered with a sheet of plexi!)  The former TV Armoire in the corner now houses extra canvas, panels, paper, Card supplies and whatever else I can stuff into it!  

                     

              Paint Storage in one corner             and                    Jewelry Supplies in another.
(and the plastic drawers on the small wooden bookshelf are where I keep my
hand-painted papers for my Collages)

          The pillow on the chair is a treasured a gift from my sister.  She had a friend make it from a copy of my Collage 'Three Sisters: The Conversation'.  It's actually me and my two sisters.  
The joke is which one of us is 'holding court'.  No . . . it's not who you think!  :)

  The original  'Three Sisters: The Conversation



This is the piece that is on my easel.  Background is painted on Ampersand Cradled Gesso board.  Unfortunately, I haven't gotten any farther on him.

But . . . this is the finished Necklace that was in process on the Bead tray up above.

  

'Red Hot Red'
Bamboo Coral, African Trade Beads (Brass), Carved Bone and Black Matte Glass.

If you would like to see more of my work you can click here  
and take a quick tour.

As a Thank you to those of you that toured my Studio and signed up to either receive my monthly Newsletter (you can sign up  here ) and/or follow my Blog (over to the right) if you send me an email stating just Newsletter or Blog,  and include your mailing address, I will send you two of my ArtCards which are shown on my Website.  These are Frameable  5 x 7  single panel cards ~ really just like small prints.  If you are already signed up for either the Newsletter or Blog, and you sign up now for the other, that does qualify.

 (I'm sorry, but choices are not available.  Limited to the first 25 people who sign up and this offer runs through July 11th)

If you have any questions, comments or even suggestions,  I would love to hear from you.   And please,  feel free to forward this to anyone that you think might also enjoy the Tour.



Thank you for joining us 

Charleen

a little more of my work . . .

 
            Two Sisters:  Roots make them Sisters,                       View from the Moon      
                         Their Hearts make them Friends    

Heavy Thinking









11 comments:

  1. Love the bright colors and creative compositions! Inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your studio. great light and everything looks so nice. happy creating. Love the necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely artistic room. Great style and taste is evident in your work and choices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous space! Love the oak table.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just started following your blog ; ) Thanks for the tour! It's so interesting to see where other artists work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Charleen, I just signed up for your Blog and was going to send you my mailing address, but I did not find your e-mail address? Did I qualify for your offer? If so, give me your e-mail address, where I can send you my home mailing address! If not, I wish you a nice day! And, I am now also following your google plus account. Saludos from Gran Canaria, Nelly

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a treat to experience your art and your studio. You are so organized and creative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kaethe... Sorry I didn't get here sooner! Just got back from vacation. Your home/studio is wonderful and I give you great credit for 'living the life' :) Much success in your work. Charleen
      I tried to reply thru your blog but kept getting hung up on the 'robot' words. Hopefully you didn't get a half dozen responses from me!

      Delete
  8. Wow. I´m so happy to have met you through the Carnival and seen your work. I signed up for both your blog and newsletter. I`m in love with your HEAVY THINKING crow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love finding you on this studio tour. And love your collages. I too have a studio at home but it is in dire need of an overhaul. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. got the cards today. They are beautiful! Thank you so much. Can't wait to use them. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete