Artist in Mixed Media Mosaic Collage and Jewelry

Friday, June 3, 2016

JUNE ... THE MONTH OF THE BRIDE



OH YES ... AND THE GROOM!  :)



THE WEDDING PARTY II :  TOUCHES OF LOVE

Limited Edition Print:  25 X18.5"

I am once again offering one of my Sisters Series Limited Edition Prints at half price.  This time I picked the above Piece to celebrate the Month of June ... what seems to be the 'traditional' Wedding month.  The day I sold the Original 'Wedding Party' (I was doing a Show), a woman came in, loved the Piece, and said "she was going to have to give it some thought" and left, saying she might be back.  If you are an Artist you know the odds are not usually in your favor of that happening.  Not too long after, another Woman came in, saw the Piece , and without much hesitation, bought the Original.  Later that day Lady number one came back and ... no painting!  She was devastated.  So, she asked if I could do another 'just like the first'.  Well, first of all my process doesn't really allow me to make an exact copy, nor would I want to do that to the Original buyer.  I told her I could do one similar but it would definitely have its differences.  I also told her if she wasn't pleased she wasn't obligated to buy it.  She agreed.  Above is the second one.  She loved it when she saw it and the last I heard it sits happily in her Living room.  :)

For those of you that may not be familiar with my Sisters Series,  the original on this was 24 x 36" and done on a wood panel.   The background is Acrylic and the rest is all hand-painted, and hand-cut papers applied as a Collage. 

TO GO TO MY WEBSITE TO GET MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CLICK HERE

***********************************************************************


CLOUDS OF THE DAY ...



Obviously not my photo (credit in the corner).  My husband found this and sent it to me.  He saw it on the 'Astronomy Picture of the Day'.  This particular formation, called both an Asperitas or Asperatus, was photographed in New Zealand in 2005.  As menacing as this looks it seems they are more likely to form after a storm than before.  We've evidently had a few here in the U.S., usually in the Midwest.  I do see a face.  Not one I'd want to meet anywhere.   If I were standing under this, I think I'd be saying to myself  "O.K., it must be over!"  :(




Our mind is like a cloudy sky: in essence clear and pure,
but overcast by clouds of delusions.

Just as the thickest clouds can disperse,
so, too, even the heaviest delusions can be removed from our mind.
~  Kelsang Gyatso



Charleen






No comments:

Post a Comment