Artist in Mixed Media Mosaic Collage and Jewelry

Saturday, April 4, 2015

WHERE'S THE EGGS?!!

In the fridge where they will probably remain until tomorrow when I take them out and make Deviled Eggs for Sunday!  :/  No little ones here or close by anymore so I haven't colored eggs in years.  I keep thinking about it.  Seems like it should still be a tradition ~ just for the fun.  I actually did see something online the other day.  It was a new, (to me) old way of dyeing eggs.  You cut small pieces of old silk scarves into small squares, (thrift store finds work) wrap the eggs in the silk and then re-wrap in white fabric (like gauze), tie with a twist tie, and drop (well ... not literally drop) into a pan of water.  Add 3 tbsp. of white vinegar and then boil for 15 minutes.  Take out, let cool, and unwrap.  Voila!  Colored Eggs without the mess.  

I actually hadn't intended to go into all that detail but maybe someone just might want to try that.  If you do, Please let me know the results.  :)


AFTER AN EARLY SEPTEMBER RAIN

6 x 6" Acrylic on Textured Wood Panel
For more information on this Piece Please Click HERE

I've been busy working on mostly small pieces like above.  I think I have enough done for my upcoming showing at Entree Gallery.  Now I have to get serious and work on some bigger pieces.  I've been enjoying the small pieces so much that it's hard to get my mind wrapped around 'bigger'.  There is that 'immediate gratification' with the small works.  Done in a day ~ you get to see the results immediately. It can become addictive and maybe that is why there are so many Artists out there now with Daily Painting sites.


THE NIGHT WHISPERS IN COLOR

5 x 7" Acrylic on Textured Wood Panel
For more information on this Piece Please Click HERE

This is a little larger Piece recently finished ....


INTENSE EXPECTATIONS  (SOLD!)

12 x 12" Acrylic on Cradled Wood Panel



I hope you all have a WONDERFUL EASTER ... Full of New Beginnings!  



How do Bunnies stay healthy?

Eggs-ercise!     (Sorry, I couldn't resist!  :)

til next Time ...

Charleen









1 comment:

  1. Super blog post. Love the idea for dying eggs. May give it a go today. We have custody of 2 boys and their younger sisters are coming over today. Beautiful paintings. Love the texture. Love vibrant color. Happy Easter to you.

    ReplyDelete