Artist in Mixed Media Mosaic Collage and Jewelry

Friday, May 22, 2015

FROM THE IDAHO STUDIO of CHARLEEN MARTIN


MUSHROOMS ANYONE ...?

Sorry.  These are the legal kind.  Or at least so I'm told!  I've been eating them for the last week and haven't taken any unexplained 'trips' so I think they are right.  :)


These are Morel Mushrooms.  A lot of you may know that already but I'd never seen, or had any before this past week.   I'd heard the name but that was it.  My neighbor introduced me to them.  They had gone mushroom gathering and she brought me some of hers.  I guess they are in abundance in this area and this is the season for picking them.  If you like mushrooms (and I do) these are delicious.  Sorry if you know all about these already but I figure there has to be one or two others out there like me who were not mushroom educated.  :)

I have a couple of small pieces that I've done that I will share today.  I do need to get on the stick and get a few bigger pieces done.  :/ 



MORNING ARRIVES ... FASHIONABLY LATE

5 X 7"  on Textured Wood Panel

This was a fun Piece to do and somewhat of an experiment.  I textured the wood, then used a Brayer to put on the initial background.  After that I used a Brush and a Palette Knife to finish up the piece.  I love how it turned out and I know I'll use this process again in the future.


For more information on this Piece Please Click Here



WHEN THE SUNSET IS IN AGREEMENT

6 x 6 on Textured Wood Panel

This is another Piece done on a Textured background and this is especially striking from a distance.  I also used a Brayer, Brush and Palette Knife on this one.  :) 

For more information on this Piece Please Click Here


You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus ...

Mark Twain


A 'toast' to Wonderful Memories of those who have gone on ahead.

Have a Wonderful and safe Memorial Day Weekend.

Charleen



No comments:

Post a Comment