Artist in Mixed Media Mosaic Collage and Jewelry

Monday, August 24, 2015

WELL ... I'M ON MY THIRD CUP OF COFFEE ...

Which means it's still early in the day!  :)  By the end of the day it will be at least a few more than that.  And then I wonder why I have trouble sleeping! :/

My knee surgery (at least this first one!) is slowly fading into the background.  That's a good thing.  Got enough work done for my Show Opening last week.  Another good thing.  Working on new pieces for the Coeur d'Alene Artists Studio Tour in a few weeks ... another good thing.  Even though I don't live in Coeur d'Alene (and my Studio is too far out of town to be included) I was asked to participate.  I agreed ... before I realized it was the same weekend as my Step-Sons Wedding.  It's the coffee, I'm sure. :(  By the time I realized the two were colliding it was too late to try and bow out of the tour gracefully. The powers that be were nice enough to get someone to stand in for me on the day of the Wedding but it's going to be a very interesting week!

For those of you in the area the Studio Tour is Sept. 12th and 13th.  I will be at the Jacklin Center in Post Falls along with Artist Sheila Beldsoe.



12 x 12" Acrylic on Textured wood panel.

I'm working on trying to get a little looser in my work.  Above is one of my newest pieces I did for the upcoming Studio Tour.  




18 x 18" Acrylic on Canvas

Early October. Late Afternoon. was done abut 2 weeks prior to And They Held Their Breath in Anticipation.  I feel like I'm on the edge of where I want to be but just can't ..... quite ..... jump ..... off ..... that ..... ledge.  

The two pieces from my last Blog were sold.  
Thank you both very much!


           Evening on the Dunes              Summer Afternoon in Blue



"As daddy said, life is 95 percent anticipation."
~  Gloria Swanson

til next time ...

No comments:

Post a Comment