Artist in Mixed Media Mosaic Collage and Jewelry

Wednesday, May 9, 2018

A DAY IN THE DESERT



I did this piece below on my first Plein aire trip into the desert.  Actually it was my first Plein Aire outing,  period.  I'm a studio Artist and enjoy my studio time so never felt the need to venture outdoors to paint.  (Also, you can't really do collage, which I have mainly done for years, outside.)  While in Ajo I had the opportunity to join a Plein Aire group so I decided to stretch myself a little and joined.  I felt my normal acrylics might dry too fast in the desert heat so I used water based oils. I also used one of my canvas panels that I had already textured and painted black.  Plein Aire is not easy.  Outdoor elements are not always cooperative and this particular day wind was a unhappy factor.  But, we all persevered and this is what I came away with.  I was fairly pleased with the result, especially the colors, but if I went back to the same spot again I'd change my view a bit.  I'm not crazy about the overall composition.  Funny how something can look good to the eye but on paper it has a whole different effect.  

I have a whole new respect for Plein Aire Painters.


A DAY IN THE DESERT

***************

How about a Raven or two ...


"JUST WHAT ON HER FACE HAD TO DO
WITH CROWS FEET ... ?"




"MAY I HAVE THIS DANCE ...?"


*************************

CLOUDS OF THE DAY  . . .


'AND SHE LAID DOWN HER HEAD AND SLEPT'



Charleen




No comments:

Post a Comment