Artist in Mixed Media Mosaic Collage and Jewelry

Monday, October 19, 2015

ASLEEP. UNDER THE NORTHERN LIGHTS.




ASLEEP. UNDER THE NORTHERN LIGHTS.

6 x 6"  Acrylic on Textured Wood Panel.

I have been very fortunate to have seen the Northern Lights, actually, more than several times.  They are truly magnificent.  Since I have seen them more than once I was very surprised some years back when my Hubby and I were on an Alaskan Cruise, and the Captain, in the middle of an Evening Stage show, came on stage, stopped the show, and made everyone get up and go outside to see the lights.  He said that in all the years he had been at Sea he had never seen the Northern Lights.  He was so excited to share the event.  :)  And I have to say, that seeing them while semi-surrounded by massive Icebergs did give the whole experience a surreal feel to it.



EVENING KISS

Here is another piece I did for the Studio Tour recently.  Those are large, beautiful chunks of Chalcedony that make up the front focal point of this Necklace.  Chalcedony is considered by many to be a nuturing stone.  It absorbs negative energy and is said to bring the Mind, Body and Spirit into Harmony along with many other positive traits.   What more can you ask for!



THEN THAT'S WHAT THE NORTHERN LIGHTS ARE.  
ALL THE LIVES WE ARE NOT LIVING.
~ Adi Alsaid


Happy Monday!

CHARLEEN




No comments:

Post a Comment