Artist in Mixed Media Mosaic Collage and Jewelry

Friday, October 16, 2015

THE FAMILY TREE: "THEY ALL CAN'T BE NATURAL REDHEADS ... CAN THEY?"





THE FAMILY TREE:  
"THEY ALL CAN'T BE NATURAL REDHEADS ... CAN THEY?

24 x 30"       SOLD

This was a recent commission piece.  I had done one last year in this style and it sold through a wonderful Seasonal Gallery that carries my work.  This year, the client came back and ordered another one for a Family member that had seen the original piece and wanted one 'just like it'.  I thought they meant 'style wise' and it wasn't until I finished this one that I found out from the Gallery owner that "No, they meant 'just. like. it.'  Fortunately, when the Clients Family member saw the new piece they loved it.  That was a 'Whew!' moment.  :/





'BREAKTHROUGH'

SOLD

You might remember this Piece.  I posted it a couple of weeks ago here on my blog.  It was part of the Studio tour that I recently did.   I didn't tell you about the actual sale though and I thought you might enjoy hearing about it 'just in case'  you might be able to relate.  The Piece  went home with a member of a very prominent Hollywood family whom I did not even recognize until AFTER she left.   I didn't handle the actual sale so I was momentarily oblivious.  The sad thing is, she was actually in my home about 10 years ago as part of a Show I was having for a mutual friend who is a Photographer.  (Long story).  So,  has she changed that much, or ... is my memory just that bad now.  

Somehow, I feel it's the latter.  :(


Have a great Weekend!

TIME MOVES IN ONE DIRECTION, MEMORY IN ANOTHER.
~  William Gibson

No comments:

Post a Comment