Artist in Mixed Media Mosaic Collage and Jewelry

Saturday, September 17, 2016

FLOWERS FOR A SEPTEMBER DAY ...



Sometimes when we want flowers in our lives we just have to paint them ourselves.  I randomly painted this blue background and then needed to decide what I was going to paint on it.  Flowers seemed to be in order. 



'A BOUQUET FOR SUNDAY AFTERNOON'

6 x 6 x 1.5" Acrylic on canvas

For more information on this Piece Please Click HERE



Most of my flowers outside are bidding me adieu.  I do have one little Rosebush that does seem to be loving the weather ...


and even my Rhubarb hasn't abandoned me yet ...


but this once lovely 'Summerina', which I just bought a few days ago, and which I thought I would get at least a few weeks of enjoyment out of, obviously did not like the 29 degrees we had the other night :(

Fortunately it's a perennial so I'll still plant it and hope it comes back next year.


********************************************************************



CLOUDS OF THE DAY ...




A FISH BY ANY OTHER NAME IS STILL A FISH.



By all these lovely tokens September days are here,
With summer's best of weather and autumn's best of cheer. 
~  Helen Hunt Jackson

Charleen






No comments:

Post a Comment