Artist in Mixed Media Mosaic Collage and Jewelry

Sunday, September 11, 2016

THERE WAS ALWAYS AT LEAST ONE SHOW-OFF IN SCHOOL ...



AND HERE WE HAVE TWO ...



THE FAMILY TREE: 
"I DON'T KNOW WHY THEY ALWAYS HAVE TO SHOW OFF."

24 x 36 x 1.5" Acrylic on Canvas

This is the Commissioned Piece I mentioned in my last Blog (which has now morphed into another Commission Piece  :)  I love working on a Black Canvas.  It just brings out the rest of the colors so nicely.  Probably goes along with my love of black walls in my homes over the years (Not all the walls! Just accent walls. :)  Yes, even had a black ceiling in a dining room in one house.  Very dramatic but it looked great.  :)


********************************************************

CLOUDS OF THE DAY ...



I thought I would include the whole photo this time, not just the clouds.  I took this on our way over to the coast passing through the high desert in Oregon.  The whole yard was filled with rusted old cars.  It was really rather sad.  So many dreams all reduced to a pile of rust.  I would have loved to have gotten some closer photos but it just wasn't a place that had the 'Come on in' feeling about it.  I'm sure you've all seen one or two places like that ...

By the way .... I see a Snail!



''No one writes as slowly as I do, I'm convinced. It's so hard for me.
I learn slowly; I make decisions at a snail's pace.'
~ Virginia Wolff


Charleen

No comments:

Post a Comment