Artist in Mixed Media Mosaic Collage and Jewelry

Thursday, January 21, 2016

I WONDER ... DO YOU?





'THE IMPORTANCE OF WONDER'

6 x 6" Acrylic on Wood Panel

For more information on this Piece Please Click HERE

I saw 'late evening' when I did this and then another Artist commented that she saw an 'early morning mist'.  I love it when that happens.  It's always fun to hear how other people interpret your work.  Years ago I had a card company where we (hand) produced 3-dimensional cards.  One of the cards I designed had a big yellow schoolbus on the front (with a little boy pulling a litte girls pigtails inside the bus :).  On the front it also said 'You finally made it!'  On the inside you could interchange greetings.  I initially put in Congratulations because I designed it as a Graduation card.  But ... one of my Retail customers ordered it with 'Happy Birthday!' inside.  When I called to make sure it wasn't an error he said No, he saw it as a birthday card.  It had never occured to me to use it as a B'day card but as soon as he said it I saw it. 

As Knowledge increases, Wonder deepens
~  Charles Morgan
**********************************************************************



O.K. I did something a little different today.  The first photo is my cloud photo .. wispy and hardly there.  But just for fun, this is the same photo as viewed through a Teleidsocope (not a 'Kaleidoscope')  Kaleisocopes work on the practice of seeing designs through bits of glass, seashells, etc.  Teleidoscope Designs come from what you are actually viewing through a series of mirrors.  Your trivia for today.  :)


Charleen




No comments:

Post a Comment