Artist in Mixed Media Mosaic Collage and Jewelry

Tuesday, June 20, 2017

POUR ME A LITTLE, PLEASE



I just tried an Acrylic Pour for the first time.  They are certainly not as easy to do as one might suspect.  I definitely made a few mistakes on the first pour I tried.  The second was easier but I can see where they will take some skill and patience to achieve a 'somewhat' expected result.  They are certainly fun (and VERY messy) to do!




FIRST POUR

This was done on a black canvas.  This was the first pour I tried.  One of the problems I realized I had as I got into the middle of this is, I didn't mix enough paint, so I had to really stretch that paint to cover the canvas.  The second thing I realized, after I was done, is that I didn't need to cover the whole canvas. :/   Black areas would have probably heightened the color.  (You can see one little tiny spot of black up on the right.)

I added a few gold flakes on this to give it some pizzazz but still wasn't happy with it.  I thought I didn't have enough variance in color.  So I poured some more colors together and added it to the base.


FIRST POUR #2

More variance in color as you can see but this time the paint was not fluid enough to have a real nice flow.  Practice.  Practice.  I did feel like it was an unfinished 'something' and so this is what I came up with ...





'BOGART'
12 x 12" Acrylic Pour


SECOND POUR . . .


'LOOK!  THE GRINCH IN A PINCH!'


This was my second pour.  I went small this time ~ just a 6 x 6" canvas.  I decided that since I still didn't know what I was doing that maybe smaller would be better.  :)  I love how this one turned out.  Believe it or not, I used the same colors in both pieces.  Results just depend on the amount and order you pour the paint into the cup (All the paint goes into one cup, but not mixed, one color over another, and then that is applied to a canvas turned upside down, put over the top of the cup, and then the whole thing is flipped over.  You let it sit like that for a few minutes, gently remove the cup and let the paint spread over the canvas. : ) 

The nice thing about this piece above ... I made a copy of it because I can just see it as a pattern to use on one of my 'Sisters series' dresses!

You can get more information on this Piece on my Website HERE


*******************************************


CLOUDS OF THE DAY . . .


RUN, LITTLE MAN, RUN!

I see a cartoon character, looking back over his shoulder, running as fast as his little legs can carry him!



TODAY WAS GOOD.

TODAY WAS FUN.

TOMORROW IS ANOTHER ONE.

~ dr. seuss


Charleen

No comments:

Post a Comment