Artist in Mixed Media Mosaic Collage and Jewelry

Friday, June 16, 2017

TO TEXTURE OR NOT TO TEXTURE ...




I painted the top Piece 'Nature laughs in Color' several weeks ago.  Un-textured on a blank (black) canvas. I just painted the smaller Piece 'On a Summer Evening' yesterday, on a textured (black) canvas.  I thought it would be fun to do two that were similar in content and color but on 2 totally different canvas bases. 

I used a brush to paint both, but the bottom Piece was finished it off with a few 'swipes' of the Palette knife. :)




'NATURE LAUGHS IN COLOR'

12 x 12" Acrylic on Canvas



'ON A SUMMER EVENING'

6 x 6" Acrylic on Textured Canvas


For more information on either of these Please visit my Website at:
www.charleenmartin.com


*************************************************************

Clouds of the Day . . .


To semi-quote our daughter, who took this photo, "This was a cool cloud thingie she saw on the water recently, and she thought of me." :)  I actually think she may have been out 'Orca scouting' when she saw this.  It is a cool cloud thingie.  It reminds me of a Great White shark ... probably hovering out of the water and away from the Orcas.  The Great White may be the school bully (all talk, sharp teeth, just mean but no substance) but evidently the Orca is the Star Football player in this match up.



Image result for funny whale quotes



Charleen

No comments:

Post a Comment