Artist in Mixed Media Mosaic Collage and Jewelry

Thursday, April 28, 2016

TODAY YOU ARE SHOWERED WITH GOOD LUCK ...


'THEY' SAY IF YOU WALK PAST AN ELEPHANT WHILE HIS TRUNK IS UP YOU WILL BE SHOWERED WITH GOOD LUCK.'

You'll probably get tired of these Front closing Toggle Pieces but it's been fun to see how many different Pieces I can come up with using the same design base.  A point my daughter brought up was how nice they are with long hair.  Your hair doesn't get caught in the Toggle when you are trying to close it.  A point I knew from experience but hadn't thought about out loud.  (make sense?) 


BONATINIEMA  (GOOD LUCK)




Close up showing the Hand Carved Carnelian Elephant
that is part of the Focal.


******

'God is really only another artist. He invented the giraffe, the elephant and the cat. He has no real style, He just goes on trying other things.'
~ Pablo Picasso

*******************


I have a wonderful Client who has bought many of my Pieces ~ both Jewelry and Paintings.  She recently saw the Miniature Bunny painting I did and asked if I could also do a small Turtle.  She has two young granddaughters ~ one loves rabbits, the other turtles ~ and she wanted to give each one a small painting for their Birthday.  I thought it was great she was giving them each a piece of Art.  (and of course I would think that!:)  I will tell you though, for some reason I had a hard time with the Turtle.  I had Turtles when I was little and loved them.  But, it was hard (for me) to try and make a reptile fun in a painting for a child. Maybe I need more cloud practice to get my child-like imagination back where it needs to be! 

  

             TRIXIE A. TURTLE                 "WHO ATE MY JELLYBEANS?"


************************************************************************


CLOUDS OF THE DAY ...


I see an alligator getting ready to devour a small fish who is oblivious to the danger.  :(  But then, there is another fish swimming past the other way with a most horrified look on his face!  He knows ...  (I think I need to get past this reptile thing ...)



Charleen

No comments:

Post a Comment