Artist in Mixed Media Mosaic Collage and Jewelry

Thursday, August 29, 2013

A FIRST FOR ME . . .

I think I mentioned in a previous Blog that I've been doing some experimenting lately.  Instead of just my Collages, I've gone back and have been doing some actual 'painting'.  Much easier to take a set of paints along on a trip than numerous piles of hand-painted, found papers, mediums and paints to do a Collage while away!

Below is my first painting that I completely painted with a Palette Knife.  I really enjoyed the process.  Sort of the same element of surprise in a way that I get when I do my Collages on a multi-colored background.  When I put my little squares down and the color shows through the 'cracks' the effect can be different on the paper from piece to piece.  Not sure that makes a lot of sense so you may have to take my word for it!  :)


Memories 
for more information on this piece please Click Here

Below is a piece you may have seen already if you receive my Newsletter.  It's a new 
'Little Sisters' piece that I've recently done for an upcoming show in Coeur d'Alene.  It's actually 12 x 12" square but the color is much better (and truer) in this cropped piece.



"What about me . . . ?"
for more information on this piece please Click Here

Back in to the Studio.  I have a lot of work to get done yet before my Show opens in 2 weeks.  : /  I also have some other things happening so if you don't get my Newsletter and would like to catch up, here is the link to the latest one.

(you can sign up above to get on my email list)

Have a great day!







4 comments:

  1. Love your palatte knife painting. Really came out well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Susan! I have admit I was pleased :) of course now I just want to do more work with the palette knife but they like the Collages for the show I am suppose to be getting ready for! Guess the palette knives are going to have to wait . . . Hope you are doing well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great Charleen! The colors are really nice and I love the texture of the palette knife. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Carol! I enjoyed doing it. Have another on the easel. :) And . . . Congratulations to you on your Honorable Mention in the CFAI Juried 'Abstraction' Show. You are just going to town! As they say 'You go girl!!' :)

    ReplyDelete