Artist in Mixed Media Mosaic Collage and Jewelry

Friday, March 20, 2015

HAPPY SPRING EVERYONE!

I don't know why we've been so lucky this year and I know it has not been that way for s lot of you.  We should have remnants of at least 4 feet of snow and instead we can already see the first blades of grass turning green.  My neighbor even mowed his lawn today.  I'm guessing that might even be a first around here at this time of the year.  I'm certainly not complaining.  It's been an easy winter here, and with us trying to finish our home and get moved in, it certainly made things a lot easier not having to plow through the snow to get it all done.  The lack of snow is a little worrisome because of fire potential in the forests around us come summer, but then 2 inches of rain in the last 48 hours may just help make up for that! 

One of the first things we did after moving in (and getting 'somewhat' settled :) is add to the family.  His name is Roscoe and he is an 8 year old half Australian Cattle dog and ??  He was in an unhappy situation, and when we saw the circumstances we just couldn't leave him there.  Soooo ... home he came.  He has to be the most gentle, well mannered dog I've ever met.  I think whomever had him initially took very good care of him and spent some time training him.  He fit right in and seems to be enjoying his new digs.  Dodger, our little Terrier Mix, wasn't too sure at first (it was all about the sharing) but seems to have adjusted to the fact that he is no longer an only child.  Oh ... life can be so cruel!  :(



ROSCOE  (note the tail ~ it literally looks like a raccoon tail!)

I have a deadline coming up in 4 weeks for work due to Entree Gallery up in Nordman, Idaho so have been busy working on that (along with staining and varnishing all the woodwork here in the house. :)  At least I am consistent with keeping a brush in my hands . . . !

Following are a few of the smaller pieces that I have done so far . . .


MURMURS AND WHISPERS
6 X 6" Acrylic on Canvas
I looked at this when I was done and thought "Oh ... the trees on the right look like they are talking about that tree on the left!"  Thus, the title.  :)
For more information Please click HERE



RED SKY AT NIGHT: REVERENCE
                                                            6 X 6" Acrylic on Canvas 
                                                   This one was done with a Palette Knife.
                                                For more information Please Click HERE



"I TOLD YOU . . .!"
8 x 10" Acrylic and Mixed Media Collage on Canvas
For more information Please Click HERE

I haven't worked on any jewelry for the last couple of weeks.  I want to make sure I have what I need as far as paintings go and then I'll go back to the jewelry side of my Brain.


SPRING IS NATURES WAY OF SAYING "LET'S PARTY!"
Robin Williams



WWW.CHARLEENMARTIN.COM

To see  my monthly Newsletter you can go here to read past issues and/or sign up 
                                    http://charleenmartinfineart.com/email-newsletter


6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooops I goofed above. Love these paintings but especially the crow one. My love of color and texture also draws me to the Red Sky landscape,
    Roscoe looks intelligent and will be a loyal and loving companion. WE enjoyed 14 years of a much loved Blue Heeler. Those Aussie breeds are great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie for your nice comments. And, we are definitely looking forward to our time with Roscoe. :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Charleen, these are all so vibrant and wonderful! i can feel you gearing up for Entree,...have a great season!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Mary! And I can tell by your new work that you are enjoying your new home and surroundings very much ... happiness shows. :) Have a great season also!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charleen, loved all of these. I teach an art concept class in my gallery and was looking for some reference material for a relatively simple composition my class could use in a class on using a very limited palette. I really liked your Murmurs and Whispers because it had so many things my students could learn from. Their paintings look nothing like your painting because we only used white, Ultramarine blue and burnt sienna. I'm going to write a blog post about what they learned and how they learned it and want to naturally give you credit and link to your blog. Please let me know if you have a problem with that. Sincerely,

    Sharon L. Graves

    ReplyDelete