Artist in Mixed Media Mosaic Collage and Jewelry

Monday, September 28, 2015

EVEN THE SKY KNOWS WHEN TO BE SILENT ...

I love my quiet times.  There are days when I'm in my Studio and the Music is going non- stop.  But then, there are those days when the only sound you might possibly hear is me talking to myself.  Yes, I do.  I even answer myself at times.  After all, who is going to answer you truthfully if not yourself?  :/  I think Silence is a gift we give ourselves.  We just have to make sure we listen, in order to really appreciate it.  


 AND THE NIGHT ANSWERED IN SILENCE

Both of these are from from the Jacklin Art Center 'Studio Tour'.


NATIVE DANCER

"We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness.  God is the friend of Silence.  See how nature ~ trees, flowers, grass grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence ... We need silence to be able to touch souls.

~ Mother Teresa


More information can be found on both of these pieces at  www.charleenmartin.com

Charleen

No comments:

Post a Comment