Artist in Mixed Media Mosaic Collage and Jewelry

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

ON THE ROCKS PLEASE ...



If you read my last blog then you know we made a recent trip to Las Vegas.  I posted some of the photos I took while there. (Scroll down to last blog)  Last visit it was into the heart of Las Vegas.   This time we go outside the city.  This area is called Red Rock Canyon which is just outside of Las Vegas. To all my Artist friends, Please feel free to use any (or all) as reference photos if you would like.  If you are familar with Carol Nelson's work then you would know why this area reminds me so much of her geological Art pieces.  :)  If you aren't, just click on her name and it will take you to her website.  It's a visual treat!

I don't know about you, but the 'stripes' in the rocks just amaze me.  That was some amazing Paintbrush!  :)










I have one more set of photos that I will share with you next time.  Again, there might be some good reference photos in there for those interested.


And then ... there is my version ...


RED ROCK CANYON
12 x 12" Acrylic on Textured Wood Panel

I just took a small section of one of the photos I took and enlarged it.  I think if I were to do this again I would take an even smaller section and play up the individual rocks more.  


Considering the climate of our Politics right now, I thought this quote quite apropos ...

IT IS MUCH EASIER TO THROW ROCKS THAN IT IS TO GOVERN.
~ Karen Bass


See you soon!
Charleen

No comments:

Post a Comment