Artist in Mixed Media Mosaic Collage and Jewelry

Sunday, January 17, 2016

DAY 16 ... ALREADY!!



Here we are, officially halfway through the month of January.  Hard to believe since I have been house-bound with a miserable head cold for the last two weeks.  You would think that the time would have just dragged by but I've utilized a lot of the time in my studio which has been great.  Couldn't go anywhere so no reason for interruptions.  :)  In fact I've had such a good time I've neglected to get as much reading done on a book I need finished by this Wednesday for a Book Club meeting.  :(  I can usually read fairly fast (how much I retain is another question) so I kept putting off reading the book figuring I'd have no problem getting it done in time.  Surprise 1 ... Charleen 0.  The book is titled 'Book of Ages: The life and Opinions of Jane Franklin'.   If you are not familar with it, it is about Jane Franklin, Benjamin Franklins youngest sister, and their relationship.  Problem: it is primarily written in 'Olde English' ~ a definite 'slower downer' right there, compounded by the fact that a lot of the writings from those days (in this book) are VERY mispelled due to lack of education, so I find myself reading certain sentences 2-3 times to make sure I understood them (!) and then ... that is compounded by the fact that this book is 11,000 pages on Kindle!  I'm on page 2000 something.  Remember ... by Wednesday.


I'm not sure why but I love painting Pears.  Here are two I painted for this weeks Challenge of '30 Paintings in 30 Days'



THERE'S ONE IN EVERY CROWD

6 x 6" Acrylic on Wood Panel


RED HOT CHILI PEARS

For more information on either of these Pieces Please click HERE



Love is a fruit in season at all times, and within reach of every hand.
~ Mother Teresa

**************************************************************




(BEAUTIFUL) CONFUSION!


Charleen

No comments:

Post a Comment