Artist in Mixed Media Mosaic Collage and Jewelry

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

BABY ... IT'S COLD OUTSIDE!


But, not quite as cold as it had been ... thankfully!  So, I don't know whether it was the cold weather that made me see snow (we're covered with it here) in the background for this painting, or the texture on the wood that made me think snow.  Either way, that's what I saw after the texture dried on this 6 x 9"  wood panel. I first painted red over the background and then when dry, added the white.  I wasn't sure where I was going next but it didn't take too long before the Cardinal made his appearance.  :)


'RED, HE SAID, IS MY FAVORITE COLOR'

6 x 9" Acrylic on Textured Wood Panel

I'm doing Leslie Saeta's '30 Paintings in 30 Days' Challenge.  I missed the first 3 days due to having company over the New Years weekend.  'Red, he said, is my Favorite Color' is my Day 6 painting. 


'WINTER AT BROKEN LIMB FALLS'

I posted 'Winter at Broken Limb Falls' back in October but wasn't 100% satisfied with it.  (Not that I am EVER 100% satisfied!)  I recently pulled it out and added a little more color to it.  I think it really helps to 'pop' the broken tree limbs.  I posted it here on my FACEBOOK page and another Artist that saw it said "Look at the Heart.  Yay!!"  It probably couldn't be more obvious but I never saw it until she said that.  :/  Can you see it?



Clouds of the Day ... Cataldo, Idaho

Without  r e a l l y stretching it, I can't say I see anything in particular in this photo other than a possible painting.  :)  

Have a great day.  I should be back soon with more paintings from the '30 in 30' Challenge.

Charleen



No comments:

Post a Comment