Artist in Mixed Media Mosaic Collage and Jewelry

Sunday, April 10, 2016

FLOWERS AND A MOVIE ...




I love the name Sophie.  I had an Aunt by the name of Sophie.  She was one of the sweetest people I've ever known.  She could remember dates, numbers and happenings from years before like she had just read about them.  In an instant. Lickety split.  Today, I would imagine she would be diagnosed with a form of Autism, Asperger's, or similar, but back then she was 'just different'.  She had a nervous breakdown when her younger brother (my father) passed away at the age of 26.  She was 31.  Because of that breakdown she spent 13 years in a State Mental hospital.   (I'm sure things would be handled very differently today. A subject for another day.)   The day she was released my Aunt (her sister) and I went to meet her at the Bus Stop.  I was 13 and it was the first time I was meeting her.  Her Smile and Sweetness just enveloped me.  She lived with two of her sisters until she passed at the age of 76. 




'SOPHIES CHOICE'

9 x 12 Acrylic on Wood Panel

For more information on this Piece Please Click HERE




“Let your love flow out on all living things.” 
                                                                                       ~  William Styron,  Sophie's Choice


*****************************************************************


CLOUDS OF THE DAY ...



I see an old man, resting in the midst of the Clouds.  At Peace.


Charleen

No comments:

Post a Comment