Artist in Mixed Media Mosaic Collage and Jewelry

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

HERE A BARN, THERE A BARN, EVERYWHERE ...




WELL, IT'S A BARN OF COURSE ...




'OVERCOME BY OLD FRIENDS'

12 x 12 Mixed Media
This was done with both Collage and Palette Knife

For more information on this Piece Please Click HERE


I highlighted this Piece in my July Newsletter and also told the following story.  If you get the Newsletter you can skip over this and head 'straight for the clouds'!  :)


A LITTLE STORY ...

DOCTOR: "So ... tell me, exactly what happened."

PATIENT: "Well, I got up and couldn't walk. My legs were like rubber. I had a headache and felt a little nauseous."

DOCTOR: "Then what did you do?"

PATIENT: "I got myself to a chair and sat down."

DOCTOR: "Sat down? For how long?"

PATIENT: "Two hours. I thought it would pass."

DOCTOR: "Two hours?!!"

PATIENT: "Well ... when it didn't, I called my regular Doctor. They said to come right in. So, I called a neighbor and he took me in."

DOCTOR: "Why didn't you call an Ambulance?"

PATIENT: "Ambulance? I didn't think I was Ambulance material."

DOCTOR: "You didn't think you might be having a stroke?"

PATIENT: "My husband just had a stroke a year ago ... I wasn't going to play off of that!"

DOCTOR: "Do you know the difference between a Moron and an Idiot?"

PATIENT: "Is that a Polish Joke ...?"

DOCTOR: Silence. Evil Eye. "Well, just so you know. You've had a stroke."

And yes, that was an actual conversation. :) And yes, that was me being asked if I knew the difference between a moron and an idiot. (Actually ... they are synonymous. :) And, fortunately, it was just a little stroke. A TIA. No major damage. When I'm tired I walk like I've had a few too many without the pleasure of having had a few too many. Now, tell me, how fair is that? :(

So, above is just another little warning ... Pay Attention to what your body is telling you. Of course, this is obviously a 'Do as I say, not as I do' moment.


*****************************************************



CLOUDS OF THE DAY ...



DUMBO !! 

If you are not sure who he is, he has been around since about 1941 ~ an oldie but goody.  He resides at Disneyworld now, in the form of a ride.  Not too many places have flying elephants hanging out these days.
  :) 


God is really only another artist. He invented the giraffe, the elephant and the cat. He has no real style, He just goes on trying other things.
~ Pablo Picasso



Happy August!!
Charleen

No comments:

Post a Comment