Artist in Mixed Media Mosaic Collage and Jewelry

Monday, February 1, 2016

21 GOING ON 30 ...


THE CHALLENGE IS OVER ...


I didn't quite make 30 paintings.  There are 21 here.  I actually did a few more but they just didn't make the cut.  For numerous reasons!  :0  But I also did work on 2 more larger pieces that still aren't finished so I have to say it was an accomplishing month overall.  Practice makes perfect they say ... and while I know I'll never see perfect, it's a good goal!

Seeing all these together does anyone see strengths, weaknesses?  I'd love to know your feelings.  All critiques help one way or another.

Now I have to get serious about work ready for Entrée Gallery.  They open Mothers Day weekend and my work has to be there mid April.  Time goes by so fast I know I'll blink and  the work will be due ...


***********************************************************************************

CLOUDS OF THE DAY ...


I think this is my friend the Smurf back, but from a different angle.  I actually see a Scorpion coming out of the top of the photo ... ready to attack.  Macabre :/  It reminds me though of a painting I did years ago for a Race Car driver.  He raced a Fiat and the cars name was 'Scorpion'.  He wanted me to paint his car on the racetrack.  He provided a photo but it wasn't a very good one of the track.  The day he came to pick up the painting I was definitely anxious to see his reaction.  I knew it was either going to be really good, or really bad.  No in between.  He opened up the covering and I watched the look of stunned silence take over.  there were a few tense moments (in a roomful of people!).  Then he looked at me and said "This is great!!"  He loved it.  It was a real 'Phew!' moment.  I had painted his car in the claws of a Scorpion ...

Don't know that I would do that today ...  :)



LIFE IS FULL OF SURPRISES ...


CHARLEEN

No comments:

Post a Comment