Artist in Mixed Media Mosaic Collage and Jewelry

Monday, February 22, 2016

THERE'S GOLD IN THEM THAR ... FIELDS


A Little MIDNIGHT GOLD ...



'MIDNIGHT GOLD'

6 x 6 x 1.5" Acrylic on Textured Canvas
For more information on this Piece Please click HERE


This reminds me of the miles of Golden Wheat fields down in the Palouse region of Eastern Washington.  We were down there last week and the wheat is already peeking up through the soil. 

I'm currently working on a Pointillist Piece and it is taking me a lot longer than anticipated.  And ... I'm not even sure I am happy with it at this point. (No pun intended.)  I had a request from a Customer to do more (she's already bought two :) so that is why I am diligently working on this one.  It needs a lot more work so I took a break and did this Abstract landscape.  I needed a break from the minute detail. 

Yesterday was a beautiful day here.  Sunny skies and warmer temperatures (high 40's may not be high to some but for us, it was great!)  We decided to take a drive over to Montana, a whole 6 miles away (although we did go further than that!).  I've been fortunate to have traveled through most of this country and Western Montana is very high on my list of some of the most beautiful landscapes we have.  We drove over to Plains, Mt., had an ice cream in a cute little Shop called 'Ripples' and came back home.  Saw lots of Wildlife on the drive ... Deer, Bald Eagles, Canadian Geese but we did miss the Mountain Goats.  They are all over this area, to the point that there are signs telling you to drive carefully, 'Mountain Goats are on the road ahead'.  They just weren't ahead of us.  :(


"IF PEOPLE WERE SUPERIOR TO ANIMALS,
THEY'D TAKE BETTER CARE OF THE WORLD."
~ Winnie the Pooh


********************************************************************

CLOUDS OF THE DAY ...


I think the Smurfs are back and having a Face-off!  I'm sure you can find more than that!

Charleen


No comments:

Post a Comment