Artist in Mixed Media Mosaic Collage and Jewelry

Friday, June 17, 2016

NINA ... WHERE ARE YOU?



That's Nina Simone ... often called 'The High Priestess of Soul'.  I love her music, which was often very controversial.  She was considered a Musical Storyteller.



'SIMONE'


In 1968, an interviewer for New York public television asked the singer and pianist Nina Simone what freedom meant to her. “It’s just a feeling,” she replied, seemingly flustered by the question. Then, suddenly, an answer occurred to her. “I’ll tell you what freedom is to me: no fear. I mean really, no fear!”

I would have to say, that that is one of the best definitions of Freedom I have heard.



To hear Nina Simone sing "Don't let me be Misunderstood" Please click HERE

For more information about 'Simone' (the Necklace :) Please click  HERE

********************************************************************


CLOUDS OF THE DAY ...




Ohhh ... I see a Puppy dogs face!  Actually, it reminds me of our two dogs ... another Mutt and Jeff situation (one big and one small).  Big dog on the right and little dog on the left ... licking the big dogs face.  That goes on constantly here.  I asked the Vet about it and she said it was a form of submission and respect on the little guys part towards the big guy.  Sounds good, but in this house the little guy rules the roost!


Have a Great Day!

Charleen

No comments:

Post a Comment