Artist in Mixed Media Mosaic Collage and Jewelry

Sunday, January 15, 2017

QUIET GOES THE NIGHT ...


BUT COLORFUL GOES THE DAY  ...

A little over a year ago we were down in Nevada and took a day trip over to Red Rock Canyon, about a 45 minute drive from Las Vegas.  We are back down here again and decided to take another trip to Red Rock yesterday.  Last year it was a bright sunny day. Yesterday was very overcast. I couldn't believe the difference in the colors of the rocks between the two years. Yesterday the colors seemed so much more vibrant.  I think last years Sun may have washed out the colors a wee bit. Not so yesterday.  See for yourself ...








 You can't see them, but these wonderful, face-painted, old crags are filled with hikers and rock climbers.  A great place if you like doing either.








 This is just one of a few houses painted/stained to match its surroundings.



Amazing isn't it.





I took a few photos of the Joshua Trees in the area. I love their crazy poses.  I will try and include more of  those in my next blog.  

*************

And, now some other color.  Just can't compare to Mother Natures Palette ...


QUIET GOES THE NIGHT

9 x 12" Acrylic on wood panel

https://charleenmartinfineart.com

***************************************

CLOUDS OF THE DAY ...


I see Ol' Woman Wind huffing and puffing and making more clouds for me to imagine with.  :)

*******

Rocks and water, etc. are words of God.  And so are men.  We all flow from one fountain Soul.  All are expressions of one Love. 
John Muir


Charleen

No comments:

Post a Comment