Artist in Mixed Media Mosaic Collage and Jewelry

Friday, December 4, 2015

6 P.M. AND THE NIGHT PEEKS IN ...



A new Painting done on Textured Canvas.  I love working on the Texture ~ especially for landscapes.  I think it adds a lot of dimensionality (word?) to the paintings.  There is a slight problem though if you want to reproduce your work. The Texture doesn't always photograph very well so reproducing those pieces can be a problem. Or, I guess, no problem at all if it just doesn't look good!  If you saw my Blog introducing my Tote Bags (and Shower Curtains and Throw Pillows! :) you'll notice I just have one piece that was done on a Textured Background.  It's called 'Summer Afternoon in Blue'  (http://fineartamerica.com/featured/summer-afternoon-in-blue-charleen-martin.html) I felt that one worked but most others, not.



'6 P.M. AND THE NIGHT PEEKS IN'

10 x 10" Acrylic on Textured Canvas

For more information on this Piece Please click Here:



Looking through my Windshield . . .


And yes, this actually is looking through my windshield!  :)  I took this the other morning when the temperature was about 13 degrees.  I was looking through the ice crystals on my windshield at the tree line by my home.  Just goes to prove we don't have to look very far to see the Beauty in Nature.   :)  



It's a strange world of language 

in which skating on thin ice can get you into hot water.
~ Franklin P. Jones



Charleen

No comments:

Post a Comment